Friday, July 29, 2005
Last Wednesday my Grandmother passed away and I was taking a little timeout from the usual stuff and thought about stuff. Since the days have been busy I can say that I haven't been alone and I haven't just been sitting around wasting my time.
- Wednesday to Saturday I was actually thinking about my Grandmother and all the things that did over her life
- Sunday I just spent some time out and about getting things together and having fun with Bubbles
- Monday we were with Bubbles' family and celebrating her Mom's birthday
- Tuesday spent time with PM, MT playing Munchkin and feeling much better being in the company of friends
- Wednesday I spent with IB&TS having our dinner time get together and catch up. We too played Munchkin
- Thursday I headed back to work and realized that nothing was done on all the important things that needed doing
- Friday a small crowd of us will be headed to "Shakespear in the park" to see a play
So that is the past week in a nut shell. The long weekend will be fun as Bubbles and I will be headed up to the family cottage to spend some quality time together. Most of the JR brood will be up there too so it will add to a certain measure of fun. Nothing like a bunch of young kids, one who thrives off negative feedback it seems, and two dogs. We will be bringing a tent so we can sleep outside if need be.
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
In other news things are going well and I really don't have much else to say. Work is keeping me busy, 9 new servers to deploy, the heat is just as bad as it was last week and I think will be the same tomorrow.
The good news for the day is that people at work are actually recognizing that we need more helpdesk/SysAdmin staff. I'm not holding my breath but it is nice to know that someone sees it.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Turns out that one of the employees here was good enough to have photos taken of our regional office's server rooms and have the images placed on the network. Then like a duitiful employee he informed everyone in the IT group out his efforts. This is very nice as I have only ever been to our Montreal office and don't even have a clue what the other ones look like.
After that another employee corrected him and told him where all the current images are for some of the other offices, Montreal, co-locate, and Toronto, and asked to have the images placed there. This too makes sense.
Where this all breaks down is when responsibility for moving said images from the wrong place to the right place was then deflected to me instead of the person who started all this.
Some days I just find people confusing. Why don't people finish what they start. It isn't like it takes too much effort most of the time. *sigh*